NCAA Postgraduate Internship
The NCAA Postgraduate Internship is a one-year program that provides on-the-job learning experiences for college graduates who express an interest in pursuing a career in intercollegiate athletics administration based at the NCAA national office in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The NCAA is offering internships in the following areas for 2013-14:
- Academic and Membership Affairs/Student-Athlete Reinstatement
- Administrative Services
- Communications (Digital Communications, Image Management and Strategy, Public and Media Relations)
- Championships and Alliances
- Student-Athlete Affairs and Inclusion
- NCAA Eligibility Center
Interns are paid salaries of $24,000 in accordance with the NCAA national offices biweekly payroll and are provided the following benefits: ten days of annual leave, five sick days, individual health and dental insurance, disability and accident insurance, and workers compensation insurance, in addition to other staff benefits.
The application is currently available online. Click Here to access the direct link to the website. The NCAA Postgraduate Internship application deadline is Monday, December 7, 2012. Only completed applications will be considered for review. The NCAA does not provide individual status updates on applications.
To complete the online application, each applicant will be required to select their top two areas of interest, attach a cover letter highlighting their relevant work experience and their resume. In addition, the two endorsers listed on the applicants online application will each need to submit a digital letter of recommendation to email@example.com not later than December 7, 2012.
For application instructions, go to http://www.hbcuconnect.com/ads/ncaa/internship.doc
Executive Director: Atlanta Faith-Based Nonprofit
The United Methodist Children's Home (UMCH), http://www.umchildrenshome.org, has brought meaningful change to the lives of North Georgia's children, youth and families for over 140 years. Its mission, "grounded by scripture and the tradition of the church, seeks to bring the wholeness of God's love to persons through Christ." It provides numerous programs aimed at preventing the breakup of families and restoring and healing separated families. Other programs teach teens and young adults how to create successful and meaningful lives for their own future families. In 2011, UMCH served approximately 1800 children and 1750 families across all programs and locations. Click here to read about a recent success story.
After faithfully serving for over 40 years, its current Executive Director is retiring from his post. This job is a wonderful career opportunity for a deeply committed Christian executive who is excited by the challenge of energizing and expanding this mission driven organization that has significant untapped potential.
We seek a seasoned, innovative, high energy, Chief Executive who will drive the development and execution of a future vision for UMCH and solidify it as an industry leader. The 100 acre main campus houses living quarters, classrooms, an administration building, thrift store, gymnasium with athletic fields and Chapel; there are 75 full-time employees and 4 small district offices.
Viable candidates will have:
- Prior demonstrated commitment/passion for UMCH's mission
- 5+ yrs leadership experience in family and/or children's social services strongly preferred
- 10+ yrs general management responsibility for a business unit or nonprofit enterprise including experience:
- Managing a $3 million operating budget or greater
- Setting and executing a new vision, driving a strategic planning process and/or managing a consultant to facilitate the above
- Working closely with and/or building a Board of Directors preferred
- Rebuilding/restructuring an organization preferred
- Leading the design and execution of a comprehensive fund-raising effort preferred
- Bachelors degree required, Master's degree preferred
For more information contact Kenneth Lee firstname.lastname@example.org 404-508-0834