Well Prepared Program - Application
ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS FOR CHAPTER APPLICANTS
- Chapters must be active & meet all of their national mandates
- Chapters must have members who have had training/experience in working with youth
WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION
- Chapters must contact their local military installation/training center/headquarters to explore an opportunity for collaboration and make them aware of the program.
- A letter/email should be submitted with the application noting that this connection has been made.
- Chapters must submit a program implementation narrative which should include:
- Geographic area that your chapter represents
- How both the parent and kids’ modules and accompanying evaluation pre and post tests will be administered during the program timeline indicated.
- Please include how the chapter will implement the program specifically highlighting how it is customized for the community you serve and its available local resources. Creativity is encouraged!
- Please include a promotion plan on how your chapter will locate participants and encourage participation. The plan should include any social media outreach (Research counties and school districts in your state with a high military population)
- Include which local partners and collaborators the chapter will work with to implement this program (See info in the “Partnership Development and Collaboration” Section. Please include emails/letters indicating the partnership)
- Documentation (via photography or video) of workshop modules
- Chapters should investigate which waivers or permission slips are needed.(See Appendix C)
- Chapters must develop and submit a budget that details how the grant funds will be spent. Please note that receipts and proof of purchases will be required in the Final report due to IHQ.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Only one application per chapter may be submitted. Chapters may work together to submit a joint application.
- Amount requested may not exceed $5,000. Please limit application to the form provided and up to 6 additional pages.
Two copies of the application must be postmarked by April 30, 2019 and sent to the address below. Applications submitted after this date will not be reviewed. Proposals sent via email or fax will not be accepted. Mail applications to:
ATTN: Nikki Bess
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
3951 Snapfinger Parkway
Decatur, GA 30035